blog design

Friday, March 6, 2009

Keeping Hope in Our Adoption Journey

Our adoption journey has taken a turn down an unexpected road. We felt very inspired about a sibling group that we met. We worked for months to get the ball moving and we were very very close to the finish line (not The finish line rather a finish line then a new start line, if you know what i mean) when we got some difficult information/history.l We have decided for many reasons that the sibling group we were hoping and praying for is not going to be the best match for us. It is so sad and outrageous when you see kids linger in the foster care system. 'Systems'/Governments are just not able to properly manage abused/neglected kids 100% correctly 100% of the time. This is however no excuse that kids cases are not managed properly and in turn the system causes further abuse, risk and damage to these kids. Ultimately, it came down to a question of safety for the children that came to us through birth. I pray for this sibling group that they will find a family who can perfectly meet their needs. This decision was truly unexpected - I cried for days and I still feel sad for it. You can think i'm crazy, I'd take it as a compliment, but I felt, rather feel, a bond with those kids even though they never lived with me. My heart aches for them - I thank God for the gift of his son Jesus Christ and know that someday all wrongs will be made right. We have been on our journey since Oct. although it feels much longer. I feel like I need to maybe take a break, a breather and get refocused. Right now I feel a little lost in the journey. I do have hope through examples of many other adoption pioneers that as journeys go it is par for the course and that there is hope. 

No comments: