blog design

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

So, i've been really busy with the kids. As many of you know we have a new kid with us. I am unable to go into really any detail on the blog due to confidentiality agreements. I am not able to even post picts :(. I will have to speak in general terms. He is 14 and deaf. He is placed with us through foster care. He is a really good kid who was blessed through all his suffering with a kind, happy heart. We had originally thought we would adopt him but it seems life has different plans. I still believe everything happens for a reason. He was definitely meant to come into our lives at this time. I would have never foreseen that he wouldn't stay forever. But, like I said life/God has different plans. Better plans actually. There is a family out there that is 100% perfects for him whereas we are about 80% perfect for him. He will probably be with us for a couple more months. I will be able to speak and write more freely about it in the future. All in all it has been a rich learning experience for both Erik and I and the girls. We have had to stretch ourselves outside of our comfort zones go to new places, learn new things. I know that being a Mom is a job, a full-time job but before this experience I don't think I treated it like one. I don't think it felt like one. I have had to be more organized and more diligent. I am so grateful for that because it challenged me to do more and be more. I hope it is a lesson that I hold onto.  

No comments: