blog design

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas Pictures


     This year we set up a 'fake' tree. I was raised with ONLY real trees. Anything else
was sacrilegious (in a joking way). We would go as a family and stand in the cold while Dad took 
hours sorting through piles of trees looking for the perfect one. My Dad also spent quite
a lot of money on trees - a lot for then and still a lot for now. I think the most expensive one 
cost around $80. That is a lot and still is.
     This year I bit the bullet and bought a $50 pre-lit tree. 
It was hard for me and for Grace - she told me "its not in the spirit of Christmas". So this
was a good time to try and help her understand that Christmas is what we make it. Also we changed 
the name of our tree...It is not a 'fake' tree. It is a 'Eternal Tree' (haha) - which is a lot better than the ones that die - right? 


Grace & Faith with American Girl Dolls and PJ's from their Grandma Hutson - Note:matching Pj's 
for their dolls - they love them!



     Below: Horse Pj's from Aunt Nancy - She didn't take them off for 3 days!  I don't mean she wore them at night for three days - I mean 3 straight days. I did get her to change her underpants though - (such a good mom - I know)  

     Just the other day she had a day off from school. She was wearing Grandma Hutson's PJ's and I asked her to please get ready for the day and change into 'clean clothes'. So 5 minutes later she came down in clean...horse...pj's! I thought I asked you to change into clean clothes, Faith? She said that she did and that these were clean. Well she was right  and she wore them all day -  I guess I need to be more specific. 

No comments: